Visitor with a current Golf Australia handicap are welcome to play in club competitions, except Club Honour Board/Medal events, subject to availability of tee times 2 days before an event. Social play is available on most days and outside of Club competition times on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays after 1 pm, subject to Corporate and group bookings. It is advisable to check with the Pro Shop for availability of playing times and information on group bookings. Call the Club Professional Murray Blair on 02 62424662.
- Dress standards apply
- Upon arrival at the club all players MUST report to the Pro shop and pay the appropriate fee before proceeding onto the course.
- Maximum of 4 players per group
- No sharing of clubs, one set per player is a requirement
- All players must carry a sand bucket and repair divots on the course and plug marks on the greens
Neat and tidy attire appropriate to golf is the minimum standard expected on the Gungahlin Lakes golf course.
For full details of what attire is acceptable or not click here.
The sole interpretation of what is acceptable dress standard is at the discretion of the Golf Committee or its representative. The Golf Committee or Club Professional should be consulted if you are in any doubt.
Members and Visitors will not be allowed on the course if incorrectly attired.
Smoking on Course
Golf is a healthy life style activity and we encourage players who smoke on the course to be considerate of their non-smoking fellow players and refrain from smoking on tees and greens. Please dispose of your butts responsibly. Don’t leave them littering the course.
If hiring golf carts, the rules displayed in cart must be strictly observed. Failure to observe these rules will result in termination of your golf game.
Always walk into and out of bunkers by the walkways of step-ins provided, smooth out all footprints in bunkers, and replace rakes, parallel to the line of play.
All players must carry sand buckets and use the sand provided to repair damaged turf.
Repair all plug marks on greens.
Mobile telephones are permitted on the course if all members of the playing group agree but they must in silent mode and the use must not distract other players or delay play.
Pace of Play
A round of golf at Gungahlin Lakes should take a maximum of 4 hours 20 minutes.
How players can minimise round times:
- Be aware of your position with regard to the group in front and keep up with that group.
- If you feel that your group is losing ground, tell the other players in your group.
- If your group is behind, try to catch up.
- If you lose a clear hole and are delaying the group behind, or if there is no group in front of you and you are delaying the group behind, invite the group behind to play through.
- Be ready to play your shot. While exercising due consideration for other players in your group, put your glove on, check your distance, pick your club.
- At the green, speed up your exit by positioning your bags on the way to the next tee.
- Move off the green as soon as all players in your group have holed out and mark score cards at or on the way to the next tee.
- Play a provisional ball if your ball may be lost outside a hazard or out of bounds.
Distance Posts – Dad’s Army has done it again.
Rules of Golf Change 1 January 2019.
GLGC Mens Open 2018
Get in TouchGungahlin Lakes Golf Club Cnr Gundaroo and Gungahlin Drives, Nicholls Phone: + 61 2 6180 0821 (Golf Office) or 6242 6283 (Main Reception) Pro Shop: + 61 2 6180 0840 or 6242 4662 Fax: + 61 2 6242 9437 (Golf Office) or 6242 5158 (Club Administration) Emails for golfing matters only: email@example.com